We are currently taking applications from physiotherapy students who are seeking to gain additional experience in private practice
Strength and Pilates Physiotherapy (SPP) is a multidisciplinary allied health team located centrally in Surry Hills. SPP has been growing over the last 5 years and our services include musculoskeletal physiotherapy, exercise physiology, performance training, remedial massage therapy and pilates classes.
The demographic consists mainly of motivated young professionals who have a high health IQ and exercise regularly.
We’ve had wonderful outcomes with our internship programme and are now welcoming applications from final year physiotherapy students.
Our ideal candidates are excellent communicators who are also inquisitive, self-driven and empathetic with:
· Administration experience
· Exceptional professional writing skills e.g. doctors letters, referral letters, clinical notes and handover
· Willingness to learn and be part of a dynamic team
· Current personal trainer/pilates teacher qualifications (desired but not required)
The internship programme includes the following:
· Ongoing 1-on-1 mentoring from a senior physiotherapist in a private practice environment throughout the year
· Access to online learning resources, CPD, clinic facilities (weights, fitness equipment, Pilates reformer etc.) as well as PhysiApp
· Shadowing patient consultations and developing clinical reasoning skills
· Exposure to team of physiotherapists with wide range of experience and expertise
The intern will be responsible for:
· Clinic administration duties
· Clinical note taking
· Performing/assisting/developing exercise programmes
· General clinic tidying between patients
· Writing letters to doctors, health clinics and other partners and associates
· Social media contribution/management
· Writing blog posts
Our exciting internship is a flexible arrangement for the right candidate with an opportunity to progress to a paid role as a new graduate physiotherapist.
To apply, send a one page cover letter and one page resume to Suyi (email@example.com).